Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yard Sale SUCCESS!

Our yard sales, yes SALES, this past weekend were a success!!! All totaled, 4 TNT members raised over $1150 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our friends and family provided so much support and made so many donations that we had to split the yard sale between two locations. Nora & I were stationed at my house & Michelle and Jen were at Michelle's house. Nora & I raised just under $500 for LLS on Saturday and Michelle & Jen raised over $650 on Saturday and Sunday.

Below are some photos of the "stuff" that my friends, family and Team In Training members donated for our yard sale. And these photos are without the stuff Nora brought over. I still can't believe she sold her old golf clubs for just $25, including the bag! But it all went to a great cause :-)

Thanks to the following people that made donations to me for this fantastic fundraiser: Mom & Dad, Joseph, Patty, Tiffany & Justin, Carolyn, Rick, Dennis & Anne, Louanne, Dan's boss & wife, and anyone else I might have forgotten.

Notice my "helper" Rory in the photo above. This is what our living looked like the night before - even before I sorted through the large moving box of stuff Dan got from his boss. There was barely room to walk in the living room by the time I went to bed. The picture below is our guest room/office. It was completely full!


More photos can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031703&id=1177912287&l=2b16c0cf00

Also, if you would like to help find a cure for blood cancers, you can make a donation at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/nikesf09/jwellborn. Every quarter, $1, $20, $100 helps!

No comments: